BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

TREASURES ALI BABA CANNOT PURLOIN by Guy Seguiban

Gold and diamonds I don’t have
that I surmises Ali Baba
and his forty thieves
won’t be interested in appropriating
My less valuable belongings –
I was grossly mistaken!

In a case where a magical password
accessed Ali Baba to store his collectibles –
A treasure trove dazzles the eyes!

I was building my dream house then
but unfortunate I’ve hired
the wrong people at the wrong time.
Now, at Ali Baba’s own perimeter
is a veritable commercial lumberyard.

But eventually a selling point
in transparency cripples
the team Ali Baba.
Is the team losing steam
or just taking a respite?

Believe you may –
nothing beats keeping one’s nose clean
Where in eking out a living –
let everyone view what builds he
from the sweat of his own brow.

Peace of mind has long eluded
the tormented souls in troubled waters.
They have had denuded the forest
of the words and they emptied the coffer.
I was smarting from a wounded pride.
(For my vulnerability has always
provided a free lunch to the unscrupulous!)

 I was outsmarted by Ali Baba;
Obscene was my loses –
Absence was a sigh of relief
in a worst-case scenario.

Day after day I live where I believe
even a superpower, Hegemon, or empire
losing its hold could teeters
on the brink of collapse.
Everything was going kaput!

But put it this way:
There’s always a solace
in a summer solstice
and there’s a silver lining
behind the gathering clouds

I found joy in a fellowship
to hope for salvation in every word
of God and inspired by the Holy Spirit –
I know I have to keep no treasures
here on earth but keeping treasures
in heaven is to transform the inner
cove of my being.

In a new lease of life emanates
in me a forgiving heart!

The Lord who hangs in a leafless tree
redeemed me of my sins and circumcised
My unbelief in compassion, the Lord also loves
Ali Baba.

Wasn’t he whom the Lord promised?
“Today, you shall be with me in paradise.”
Verily, I lifted my arms heavenward
to sing a hymn of victory!

0 comments: